I made these for the first time last week, and the boys ate the whole batch that night, leaving not a one for breakfast. I’ve made several batches since and they love them hot or cold, for breakfast, lunch, or a snack. The theory is that you would make a batch of these and stick them in a Ziplock in the freezer, then pull them out one at a time and microwave as needed. That probably works unless you have kids who eat like ravenous beasts.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large skillet, combine sausage and onion. Cook until brown, then drain and set aside.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Flatten each biscuit into a large, thin circle, and then use it to line the bottom and sides of each muffin cup.
- Divide sausage mixture evenly between muffin cups.
- Mix eggs and milk, and divide evenly between muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with cheese, and bake about 15 minutes (until set and lightly brown).
Priced at just $4.99, it is now available in every format your little heart could desire at Smashwords, or, if you prefer, it’s also for sale in a Kindle version at Amazon or a Nook version at Barnes and Noble!