My Favorite Piece of Art

This is “Trick or Treat” by Judith Cheney. She’s a fabulous folk artist and I’ve bought several of her prints, but this is my favorite. I love Fall, I love Halloween, and this piece just captures for me all the excitement of the season – I can practically feel the chill in the air and hear the rustle of leaves! I appreciate her attention to detail in all her artwork, but I think the light is what makes this one so special. Don’t you just want to run right up to the door of that house in the middle? I bet they’ve got the BEST candy! Do you have a favorite piece of art? One that makes you smile every time you see it?

Diva September 23, 2010 at 12:07 am

Cool painting! Thanks for visiting my blog during my SITS Day!

Dulcie September 23, 2010 at 3:35 pm

Your picture is beautiful. I love house pictures and have a small collection. My favorite is the one my daughter made in fourth grade, of our house. I framed it the instant she brought it home, in a rummage sale frame. It still makes me smile and I think it always will. She's 23 now. Happy autumn!

The Blonde Duck September 24, 2010 at 6:48 pm

Popped in from SITS! Gorgeous!

The Local Cook September 25, 2010 at 11:41 am

that is so beautiful. I need to get some artwork, some of my walls are bare.

LBDDiaries October 12, 2010 at 10:58 am

My taste is eclectic – yeah, that sounds good! Actually, it’s whatever trips my trigger when I see it! I have an country snow-scene oil above the fireplace that I got for $10 at a junk-tique place in Vermont – amazing detail and draws people’s eyes when they walk in the room all the way to Alpha Hubby’s tango dancers – I’m checking out Judith right now!

Kimberly January 23, 2011 at 10:47 am

Gorgeous! I love all types of art. This one seems like something you could look at 100 times and see something new each time.