Press On!

But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus ~ Philippians 3:14

It’s been a tough few weeks.  I’ve been trying to communicate with a couple of different doctors to get my medications changed to something that will actually help me (I hope), jumping through hoops to get routine prescriptions refilled, and battling the endless red tape that is being off work and on long-term disability.  I lost my beloved aunt and wasn’t physically in any shape to make the trip for her funeral.  I haven’t felt like doing any of the things I normally enjoy: cooking, writing, getting out in the beautiful Spring weather.  But I’m trying to turn that around.  I’m going to focus on my goal of managing my pain well enough to lead a more normal life.  I’ve made it this far, surely there are blue skies ahead if I just press on.

What prayer or scripture has inspired you this week?   Drop by Saints and Scripture SundaySunday Snippets, Spiritual Sundays, Hear it on Sunday, Playdates with GodWalk With Him Wednesdays, iFellowship, Good Morning Girls,  and Journeys of Faith Fridays to share!

Priced at just $4.99, it is now available in every format your little heart could desire at Smashwords, or, if you prefer, it’s also for sale in a Kindle version at Amazon or a Nook version at Barnes and Noble!

Beverly@Beverly's Back Porch April 15, 2012 at 1:22 pm

None of us know how you have suffered. God has a plan for you and I know it will be beautiful. You have lots of people praying for you, but it will be in God’s time, not ours.

Barb Schoeneberger April 15, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Speaking as a chronic pain patient, I identify fully with what you wrote. God boxes us in so that we can follow His will more easily, even though our lives may be difficult. I’ve found that the greater my physical difficulties the more I surrender to Him. One thing to remember is to never give up. Never. He will lead you to where He wants you to be. And never beat up on yourself for stuff you wanted to do but didn’t get done. Just follow the Lord into the dark tunnel and let Him hold the light.

Angie April 16, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I love your light in the dark tunnel metaphor – that is EXACTLY how I’ve been feeling lately, and I needed the reminder to trust in Him and His light – thank you!

Dianna April 16, 2012 at 2:15 am

I’m awfully proud of you, and I don’t tell you enough. I know I wouldn’t be as positive in your shoes — I’d be a downright grumpy arse.

Love you.

Janice April 16, 2012 at 7:48 am

I will be missing my father’s funeral later this week as I’m not up to making the trip either. I understand at least that part of what you’re going through. Thanks for letting me know I’m not the only one.

Angie April 16, 2012 at 3:49 pm

I’m so sorry about your father. There are more of us out there than we think, I’m sure. We’ve all just gotten so used to “toughing it out” and not talking about it that it feels very lonely sometimes.

Shelly Miller April 16, 2012 at 11:33 am

Thanks for reminding me how much I take for granted. Praying you find healing and hope today.

Susan April 16, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Sorry to hear you are not well? My first time joining in.

Love that verse♥

Hope your day is blessed!

kd sullivan April 16, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I Sam in the story of David and Goliath, David found himself, “reaching into his shepherd bag.” He reached within himself and his experiences. This is what I have been thinking about this week.

Michelle Eichner April 17, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Angie, what a great perspective of not allowing circumstances to control you. You are doing a great job of practicing Phil. 3:14. I am praying for you as I post this comment. Blessings to you!
Michelle

Charlotte April 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Thank you for sharing with us even through your pain. You are an inspiration.
Blessings,