Sorry about the picture. I don’t know what I had my camera set for, but it certainly wasn’t food. This is a quick and easy Spring/Summer dish. We actually had this one Friday night in Lent when I’d overdone it and was lying on the heating pad full of pain pills and muscle relaxers, so I just sort of called cooking directions to my husband. One of the advantages of a small house 😉
- 40 small cocktail shrimp (or a bag of salad shrimp if you prefer) peeled and de-veined
- one bunch asparagus, with the tough ends chopped off and chopped into once-inch pieces
- 1 package sliced portabella mushrooms or two whole portabella caps, chopped into chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- Add oil to your largest saute pan.
- Add garlic while the oil is still cool.
- Immediately add asparagus and mushrooms.
- Cook on medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are softened (but not mushy).
- Add red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Add shrimp and cook just until shrimp change color.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with grated Parmesan.
Priced at just $4.99, it is now available in every format your little heart could desire at Smashwords, or, if you prefer, it’s also for sale in a Kindle version at Amazon or a Nook version at Barnes and Noble!