I’m glued to the TV every evening watching the Olympics, a treat I haven’t enjoyed since childhood, and so supper is going to be something I can cook beforehand until the closing ceremonies. And as usual in the heat of the summer I try to make enough for two nights, or cook enough protein to use in two nights’ recipes. Here’s a good one for leftover chicken.
This recipe was inspired by one my Aunt Beverly posted recently in which she used orange marmalade instead of the mango chutney I’ve always used for curried chicken salad – talk about a frugal alternative! That’s about half the price and I happened to have some in my fridge already 😉 I changed it up a bit by adding all the extra stuff I like in my curried chicken salad. Sorry for the blurry picture – I’m trying out new camera apps on my phone and this one wasn’t so great.
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 bunch green onions
- 9 celery stalks, sliced (I like my salad crunchy)
- 3 cups seedless grapes, halved
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp curry
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mix the marmalade, mayo, salt, pepper, and lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix chicken, green onions, celery, and grapes.
- Add marmalade mixture to chicken mixture and serve over mixed greens.
Priced at just $4.99, it is now available in every format your little heart could desire at Smashwords, or, if you prefer, it’s also for sale in a Kindle version at Amazon or a Nook version at Barnes and Noble!