Here’s a great recipe for using up leftovers. I saw the original version in a Kraft Food & Family magazine, but altered it to suit my own preferences. In other words, I put in more of the yummiest stuff (bacon and croutons) and substituted things that were going to waste in my refrigerator for other ingredients. That’s just how it works around here.
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce (or whatever’s in that half-eaten bag of salad mix in the fridge)
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken (I like shredded because it stays in the wrap better)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (yes, SIX, get over it)
- heaping 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (can be mixed with Romano or Asiago or whatever’s in the bottom of those containers in the fridge)
- 2 big handfuls croutons (I like the garlic ones)
- Mix thoroughly in a large bowl, add 1/4 cup bottled Caesar dressing and toss lightly.
- Spoon onto four large flour tortillas (burrito size) and roll up.
This makes four LARGE wraps – they really are a meal by themselves.
By the way, this is the first picture I’ve taken since my new granite was installed. This post is just an excuse to take a picture of it. I stare at it and pat it and rub it like it’s a new puppy – sick, I know.