Michael and I were watching Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives a week or so ago, and a French Toast was featured that we both drooled over. It was late at night, though, and neither of us wanted to go get something to write down the ingredients. We thought surely we’d remember it or be able to find it on the Food Network website the next day. No such luck. But we decided we remembered just enough to wing it, and I already had an idea or two about putting my own spin on it. So here it is:
Crispy French Toast with Raspberry Cream Cheese!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 tsp raspberry preserves
- 4 pieces Texas Toast (or other thickly sliced bread), sliced in half on diagonal
- 2 1/2 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat electric skillet to 325 degrees or skillet to medium-high.
- Whip eggs, cream, and vanilla and plan in shallow pan for dredging.
- Place corn flakes in another shallow pan.
- Whip cream cheese and raspberry preserves until fluffy.
- Dip bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides thoroughly.
- Then dip bread in cornflakes, lightly coating both sides.
- Cook, turning once, until both sides are golden brown.
- Place a small scoop of the cream cheese mixture on top of each piece of French Toast and drizzle with chocolate syrup.
This recipe serves four, but is so quick and easy it would be perfect to double or triple for a crowd.